Thursday, April 30, 2009

Troubles a brewing...



Along the trail I kept seeing that communist sign with the tools you know...and only toward the end of the trail did I start paying more attention to them, then I found one in English which would foreshadow my next two days...




This was the road from the trail end back 4-8 hours (depending on the roads and "rebel activity" to the town where I had left my big bag of stuff.



Ok so from the trail end I walked the 13 km to the bus stop, waited in the bus two hours in the blistering heat only to give up my prize seat to a fellow snow-blind trekker. Which didn't matter as that bus broke down two hours into in and we had to make our way onto an already overly full bus...so the only spare room for a bus full of foreigners was on the top. It was ridiculously overcrowed we ALL had limbs hanging over the side and laying all over each other.



This was the seat I got...in the middle which from the next picture's view over the edge seemed not to be so bad. I didn't have to worry about pissing my pants every time we came to the edge or turned a corner.



That is a good couple hundred meters straight down on a bus that is suppose to fit 25 seated comfortably with actually about 42 passangers inside and about 27 people on top, three hanging out the door, and four hanging on the bumper out the back...and I think I am UNDERestimating the number...

No comments: