Friday, January 16, 2009

Life is Funny!



So the story is that I was supposed to leave South Africa on Friday, well as fate has it I missed my plane (first time in my life by the way). Well I had bought a Round the World ticket and one condition is if you miss one of the flights ALL your tickets are cancelled...I was devastated. Especially because I had JUST spent way too much money to change the date of my flight. After the oh so polite (NOT) clerk told me I cannot board the plane (although the gate was still open and people still boarding) I cried and cried. Then I went outside to get myself together to figure out what to do. When I went outside, two white t-shirt jeans, no bags, shady guys followed me (Joburg airport is infamous for robbery). I sat down against a wall with my bag, and I thought fuck it if the rob me at least the police might have some sympathy and help me argue to get my tickets back.
As I sat there I couldn't help it I just started balling out tears. As I sobbed the two guys after talking for a minute or two and looking over their shoulder at me and then decided to go back inside. So no sympathy from the police. I decided to call the girl, Claudine, that I had been staying with in Joburg. She drove all the way back to the airport to pick me up and housed and fed me until I figured out what to do. (until I finish my trip and use the rest of my tickets I don't want to publish how I got around the whole problem...as news over the Internet travels fast these days :)

This picture was taken minutes after I got my boarding pass to Accra to continue my journey.
Thanks Claudine and good luck to you in your adventure to Guatemala on Tuesday!!!



I LOVE THAT LITTLE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if there hadn't been security I would have stolen it to raise it as my own...

No comments: